When you have more than one PC in your home, you can use the homegroup to securely share pictures and documents with other members of the family.
Microsoft included homegroup to allow windows to share everything with other computers on a local network with an easy set up that anyone can use.
Homegroup is the best feature for small house networks to share resources.
In this window 10, we will guide you guys about how to set up and manage a Homegroup.
Before you begin
Use the Windows Key + X to open the Power menu and click on the network connections. To check the internet connection and ptcl speed test: https://www.allspeedtest.com/ptcl-speed-test
Right-click on the network adapter you use to connect to the internet.
Make sure that your devices are connected to Internet Protocol 6 Version.
Creating a home network on windows 10
We’ll use the control panel to make configuration because homegroup has not changed much of the versions
- Open the start menu and search for the Homegroup and press enter
- Click on Create a Homegroup
- Then click Next
- Choose what you want to share on the network, default windows mark pictures, videos, music, and devices as shared and documents as not shared
- After deciding what you want to share click Next
- After completing the setup, and you will be presented with a homegroup password which other computers need to share resources, click the link to print the password
- Click Finish to complete the task
How to Change the Content you want to Share on the Homegroup
Do the following steps if you want to change the folders you want to share with other computers?
- Click on the change what you are sharing with the homegroup link
- Make changes by selecting shared and not shared files
- Click Next
- Click Finish to complete
Change your Homegroup media Streaming options by Doing the Following
It also allows you to control which media devices including PlayStation and Xbox can access the content you share on your computer.
In the control panel of the homegroup setting page, click on Allow all the devices on this network such as TVs to play my shared content link.
Pick the name for the media library first.
Then you can click the choose default settings link to change few streaming settings.
By using the show devices on the drop-down menu, you can change on which networks you will let devices stream shared content. Visit: https://www.allspeedtest.com/
By using the Allow all or Block all button you can configure which devices are allowed to play remote content.
How to change your password?
If you want to change your homegroup password for any security issues, windows give you this option to change it any time.
- Click the change password link
- Make sure that all the computers are running which are the part of the homegroup
- Click on change the password
- Write the new password and click next
- Now click finish